Head Teacher's Welcome
St. Peter’s aims to provide an education in a welcoming, open and caring environment where everyone is valued and achieves their individual potential; academically, culturally and socially.
Thank you for visiting St. Peter’s Independent School website.
I am Julie Fenlon, the Head Teacher of St. Peter’s Preparatory and Senior school. I am pleased to extend a warm welcome to you and your family.
I hope that the pages of our website give you enough information about our school and the education we can offer your child. We have a fantastic school site set beside parkland and a local nature reserve. The school has a superb purpose-built prep school and spacious rooms and facilities in our established senior school.
I am very proud to be the Head Teacher of St. Peter’s school, having attended the school myself as a pupil. I would welcome the opportunity to meet you and your family to show you around.
The best way to find out about St. Peter’s is to visit us for an informal tour and chat about out our school during our working day. We have a competitive fee structure and a variety of financial schemes available.
We aim to achieve our vision by
- Delivering a broad and balanced curriculum in small class sizes through personalised teaching to pupils with a wide range of abilities including SEND.
- Valuing academic achievement whilst focussing on effort, enthusiasm and enjoyment in all areas of school life.
- Promoting the personal development of pupils and as a result develop confidence, self-esteem and belief in their own talents.
- Providing a safe, secure, family orientated and nurturing environment.
- Promoting traditional values and strong discipline where any form of bullying or inappropriate behaviour of any kind is not tolerated.
- Building a strong sense of community in which all pupils feel valued and respected.
- Offering a diverse school community, although fundamentally Christian, where pupils from different faiths are accepted.
- Involving parents as partners in their child`s education.
- Developing character and responsible citizenship in preparation for life.
Having attended the school myself and chosen the school for my daughter`s education, I highly value a St. Peter`s style of education.
Our prospectus and website provide information on all aspects of school life. If you would like to visit the school find out more HERE