Prep 1 teacher: Julie Fenlon - firstname.lastname@example.org
As in the other Primary Classes, the children experience a range of topics across the curriculum. Wherever possible, links are made between the subjects to aid the children`s learning and understanding.
Some of the topics we will be covering this year are:
- English: Stories from familiar settings, Poetry based on Our Senses, a range of Non-fiction texts focussing on labels, lists, captions and instructions.
- Maths: Place Value, Addition, Subtraction, Length, Weight, Properties of 2D and 3D Shape and Time.
- Science: Our Senses, the Seasons, Materials, Plants and Animals.
- History: Florence Nightingale, The Great Fire of London, Victorian Children.
- Geography: Towns and Countries, Our Local Area.
- Computing: Algorithms, using simple programs and organising, storing, retrieving and manipulating data.
- Art/ DT: Self-Portraits, Puppets, Playgrounds
- PSHE: New Beginnings, Getting On and Falling Out, Going for Goals, Good To Be Me, Relationships and Changes
- RE: Places and People in Christianity, Books and stories in Christianity, The Family in Judaism, The Torah.
- PE: Developing skills across the units-Gymnastics, Dance and Games
PE kits are required on Mondays and Wednesdays
Prep 1 timetable (Click to view)