Prep 2 teacher: Susan Carvell - firstname.lastname@example.org
In Prep 2, the children experience a range of topics across the curriculum, which this year has seen some exciting changes. Wherever possible, links between subjects are made which gives more meaning to what is being taught. Children will begin to work with increasing independence in Prep 2, learning new skills as well as reviewing and consolidating previous learning.
Some of the topics we will be covering this year are:
- English: Roald Dahl, Robin Hood, Rainforests, Chocolate and Dragons
- Maths: Place Value, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division, Area and Perimeter, Properties of Shapes, Data Handling and Time.
- Science: Rocks, Sun and Shadows, Plants, Forces and Magnets and Animals including humans.
- Humanities: Spain, Stone Age to Iron Age, The Romans and America.
- Computing: Email, Safe use of the Internet, Programming and Word Processing.
- Art: Portraying Relationships, Story books and Investigating Patterns.
- RE: Jesus, The Church Year (Christmas), Light and Dark and Prayer
Children attend swimming lessons each Monday at the Lings Forum.
PE kits are required on Tuesdays and Fridays for PE and also on Wednesdays for Dance lessons.
Prep 2 timetable (Click to view)